2019-20 School Year Admission Requirements for Returnee and Non-Japanese Students
- IMPORTANT “Exam Schedule” UPDATE
Department and Admission Capacity Exclusive Applications only
Year 1 (Grade 10) International Department, BC Graduation Program/Double Diploma Program (abbreviated as BC/DD), a small number of students
- For application documents, please contact us.
The following persons are eligible to apply:
- Those born before April 1, 2004, who fall under any of the following items 1 through 4, and who have spent 18 months or more (total time spent even if having returned to Japan periodically) of the Japanese compulsory educational period abroad:
①Those who have completed Grade 9 courses of a local or international school or those who are due to complete them by June 2019
②Graduates of a full-time overseas Japanese school as designated by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology or those who are expected to graduate in March 2019
③Graduates of junior high schools in Japan or those who are expected to graduate in March 2019
④Those who have completed Grade 9 courses of an international school equivalent to that of a Japanese school or those who are due to complete them by June 2019
- Those born before April 1, 2004 who hold foreign nationality and reside in Japan (excluding those with “Permanent Resident” and “Spouse of Permanent Resident” status as defined by the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act), do not speak Japanese as their native language, and have completed school education through Grade 9 (equivalent to Japanese compulsory education) or those who are due to complete it by June 2019
- Those with no experience overseas but who are receiving education under a foreign education system will be handled under No.1 (see above).
Application Periods and Reception
November Exam: Oct. 9, 2018 (Tue.) – Oct. 16, 2018 (Tue.)
February Exam: Jan. 21, 2019 (Mon.) – Jan. 28, 2019 (Mon.)
- When submitting applications directly, please bring it to the High School Administrative Office located on the 1st floor of the Main Building between 9am and 4pm (applications not accepted on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays).
- Applications submitted via post must arrive by the deadline date.
Application Materials and Procedure
- (1) Application form (school-designated form #1)
- (2) Statement of Reason (school-designated form #2)
- (3) Applicant Personal Information Form (school-designated form #3)
- (4) Written Pledge of Enrollment (school-designated form #4)
- (5) Certificate of Enrollment
- (6) Transcripts
- (7) Graduation Certificate or Certificate of Prospective Graduation
- (8) ID Photo
Please attach a photo taken within the last three months (of the head and shoulders, facing forward, and not wearing any sort of head covering, approx. 4.5 – 5cm in height and 3.5 – 4cm in width) and attach it to your Statement of Reason
- (9) Return envelope for exam voucher
Please include a self-addressed envelope with a 392-yen simple registered mail stamp affixed; this will be used to send your exam voucher.
- (10) Return envelope for announcement of exam results
Please include a self-addressed express (urgent) delivery envelope; this will be used to send your exam results.
- (11) Exam fees: 20,000 yen (postal remittance)
Please use the enclosed payment form and pay at a post office reception counter or a Japan Post (Yucho) Bank ATM. (Payment may also be made directly at the time of submission)
- [For applicants who hold English language proficiency qualifications equivalent to Eiken Grade Pre-2 or higher]
- (12) Copy of English language proficiency certificate
- [For non-Japanese applicants only]
- (13) Copy of Certificate of Residence (Juminhyo)
- (14) Copy of Residence Card or passport issued by foreign government
Entrance Exam Dates and Subjects
November Entrance Exam
Exam date: Nov. 4 (Sun.)
Exam subjects: BC Mathematics (in English), BC English, BC Interview
February Entrance Exam
Exam date: Feb. 10 (Sun.)
Exam subjects: BC Mathematics (in English), BC English, BC Interview
|BC Mathematics||9:00am – 9:50am|
|BC English||10:05am – 12:05pm|
|Lunch||12:05pm – 12:45pm|
|BC Interview||12:45pm – finish|
- Reception and roll call will take place at the respective exam sites.
- Interview times will be announced on the day of the exam. Please note that individual finishing times will vary for each student depending on their interview times.
What to Bring
Exam voucher: Please place it on the upper right corner of your desk.
Writing utensils: Pencils and erasers only. Underlays, rulers, etc. are not needed.
Calculator: To be used during the BC Mathematics exam. (No graphing or scientific calculators allowed)
Others: Please bring your own lunch, drink, and indoor shoes. (The cafeteria and convenience store will be closed on the day of the exam.)
- Please inform the office if you have lost your exam voucher. Please inform the exam proctor if you feel unwell.
- Mobile phones and other communication devices are not permitted.
- Examinees are not permitted to leave the room and come back during any exams. During the BC English exam, examinees may finish after 60 minutes.
- In the event of severe weather or disrupted transportation systems on exam day, please view the school homepage for further information.
Announcement of Results (delivered via post)
November Exam: Nov. 7, 2018 (Wed.)
February Exam: Feb. 13, 2019 (Wed.)
- Results will be sent directly to the applicant. Results will not be announced over the phone.
Please remit payment of the ¥200,000 enrollment fee using the designated remittance form by the following dates:
November exam: November 13, 2018 (Tue.)
February exam: February 19, 2019 (Tue.)
- The meeting date for exclusive applicants will be announced at the time that exam results are released.
- All payments are non-refundable.
Tuition and Other Fees (2018 School Year Amounts)
Enrollment fee: ¥200,000 (See Enrollment Procedure)
Textbooks, uniform fees: approx. ¥133,000
* A portion of the textbooks will be BC digital texts.
[First Year Tuition and Fees (Estimate)]
Tuition: ¥828,000 (payable in 4 installments)
Educational enhancement fees: ¥36,000 (payable in 4 installments)
PTA, community organization, and other yearly school fees: ¥67,760 (lump sum)
Short-term study abroad costs: approx. ¥500,000
School excursion deposits: ¥250,000 (payable in 3 installments; participation is optional; additional fees apply)
- Costs related to the purchase of a laptop computer are also necessary.
- Not eligible for Osaka Prefectural Tuition Support Subsidies
However, national support subsidies are available. (Income conditions apply)
Regarding the handling of personal information contained in application documents
Personal data of students and other related parties shall be handled properly in accordance with the law and shall be used solely for the purpose of carrying out entrance exams and for no other purposes whatsoever.